Camp Hidden Lake
An Edge and Life Teen Summer Camp
What Campers Will Love About Hidden Lake:
- The Big Big Lake - Let’s go swimming! Canoeing?
- Basketball Gym - Rain or shine, campers will have space to play basketball, indoor soccer, and dodge ball.
- Sports Field - Soccer, football, Ultimate Frisbee. We have room for it all.
- Climbing Tower - What are Edge and Life Teen Camps without a little adventure? The climbing tower at Camp Hidden Lake is higher than anything you’ve ever climbed.
- Swimming Pool - Wade into the pool and play some volleyball. Or hang out poolside with friends.
- Creeks - So if the lake or pool isn’t your thing, you can always cool off in the three creeks at the camp.
- Tennis Courts - Bring your favorite racket and get ready for a match-up!
What Church Leaders Will Love About Hidden Lake:
- Prayerful Setting - The quiet, forested setting at Hidden Lake makes it easy for teens to pray, reflect, and share.
- Comfortable Lodging - We have three lodges at Camp Hidden Lake. All rooms in the lodges are spacious and comfortable for campers and chaperones.
- Gathering Spaces - Each of the lodges has common areas with for hanging out with everyone in your parish.
- Come Rain or Shine - Hidden Lake has sizable indoor spaces for large gatherings as well as activities. So regardless of the weather, your group will have plenty to do.
- Laundry Rooms - Yes, camp gets messy. We have plenty of washers and dryers to keep things tidy.
- Dining - Camp Hidden Lake has a generous dining facility that makes breakfast, lunch, and dinner a hassle-free experience.
- Convenience - Camp Hidden Lake is just 8.5 miles away downtown Dahlonega, a historic town and home to North Georgia College. In Dahlonega you’ll have access to stores, hospitals, and other conveniences.
The Story Behind Hidden Lake
For the past two years, we've hosted Edge summer camp at Camp Hiawassee deep in the mountains near our other Georgia camp, Covecrest. We heard from you all how much you loved Camp Hiawassee's beautiful scenery, the creeks, and the mountains. We also heard that there was room for improvement.
Never content, we went out in search of a new place to host Edge Camp in 2014. We explored facilities all throughout Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina.
Then in June of 2013, we discovered Hidden Lake, a densely forested, 200 acre campus surrounded by National Forest. We were charmed by the beautiful natural setting, especially the lake itself. Who doesn't want a huge lake at summer camp? Add to that the fun activities, the beautiful lodge houses, and ample meeting spaces, and we knew we had discovered something special.
We loved Hidden Lake so much that we're considering buying it.
For the next year, we're going to give Hidden Lake a "test drive" for both Edge and Life Teen Camps. In this time, we will explore Hidden Lake, get ready for summer camp, host retreats, host summer camp, and ultimately discern God's will. This is a great adventure and we want you all here to share it with us. This might be the beginning of something very big!